The Renwick Gallery is back and better than ever with a special exhibit called Wonder that will be here through the Summer. The Gallery was closed for a two year renovation and although you won’t notice any real changes to the building, it has reopened in grand fashion with this new exhibit. Photography is encouraged and your children will be amazed. Don’t miss it.
Missing some of your old favorites at the gallery? No need to worry, the Ghost Clock and other pieces in the permanent collection will be back on display this summer when the Wonder exhibit ends.
The Renwick Gallery is located across the street from the White House, which makes it an easy stop to add to your touring agenda. There are also several kid friendly restaurants near by such as Grilled Cheese DC, which has grilled cheese and wine – just sayin’.
- Where: Pennsylvania Avenue at 17th Street NW, Washington, DC
- Hours: 10:00 am – 5:30 pm daily
- Cost: The museum is part of the Smithsonian Institution and therefore is free.
- Metro Stop: The two closest metro stops are Metro Center and Farragut West.
- Wonder Exhibit: The upstairs exhibit will be on display through May 8, 2016 and the downstairs portion of the exhibit will close on July 10, 2016.